Earthquake in Virginia 8/23/2011 and a hurricane on the way - {Hollywood Florida Child Photographer}

3:06 PM Unknown 0 Comments

  
So my mom called this evening and said " The house is shaking, we are having an earthquake!" And so she was right!  A 5.9 earthquake hit south central Virginia just before 2 pm today.  Unreal! There aren't earthquakes in Virgina. I know because I lived there for 21 years.   So I call all of my family, which ranges from Harrisonburg, Va. to somewhere in Maryland.  I get the same story,  "I thought I felt something".   I guess it didn't feel like much.  I have never been in a earthquake before.
  Anyway,  I grew up in the little town of Luray Virginia.   I hated it growing up, but now I miss it.  The green rolling hills, tubing down the river, hiking, fishing, cow crap :) - the country!  I wish I were back there.   Anyway, since there was an earthquake in my hometown, I figured I would post a picture of the reservoir.   I used to swim here when I was growing up.   Rainbow trout, copperheads and cold, cold water.  This is right up the street from where my mom lives.  Isn't it just beautiful! Enjoy a little peace today! Lots of Love, Me!




0 comments: